Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Sensory Overload

"I believe that more and more, we are defining our environments not as the spaces themselves, in terms of the buildings or architecture, but rather by the objects and devices that we buy and surround ourselves with. ... I would like that message to carry through universally," Seymour said.

What do you think about this statement?

I agree with the statement, but I don't agree with how he thinks that we are increasing this mentality through the years. I believe although consumerist culture is becoming more relevant now, this mentality has always existed.


As an aspiring photographer how does this make you feel about your photography?

I've always loved minimalist photography but this series made me think more about using more colors and I thought it was a cool idea to have a lot of objects to act as a background.

2. When you looked through the images, did you want to visit this place and take your camera?


Ye!

3. What do you think it would be like to be the child of someone who worked at this place?


I think it would be a cool place to grow up, but they would probably have to deal with the economy which would be kind of weird for a kid?

4. Describe your favorite photo to me.


My favorite photo was the 2nd photo with all the fake flowers. I think I like this photo because I really love flowers and all the pinks and bright colors kind of melt together.

No comments:

Post a Comment