Thursday, October 8, 2015

Academic Shoot Reflection and Critique

1. What challenges did you encounter while trying to get the photos following the rules I set out for you? 

One challenge I encountered was trying to find things to take photos of (because I honestly forgot about this shoot and didn't think about what to shoot beforehand), and at some points I had to try to find unique ways to find photo rules because my subjects weren't naturally following the rules.

2. What technical aspects of photography or the assignment in general (focus, framing, holding the camera, etc.) did you find yourself thinking about the most? Provide a specific example of what you did to do this correctly.

I was thinking about ways to view the subject and rules the most, which can be seen in the fact that pretty much all of my photos use either leading lines or rule of thirds.
3. If you could do the assignment again, what would you do differently now that you know some basic rules of photography?

I would have used different angles to find the best lighting for each subject, because some of my photos ended up being kind of dark, and I would have had more diversity in the photo rules.

4. What things would you do the same?

I think that I would keep some of the subjects I had, because I think that most of the subjects I used were pretty interesting.

5. When you go out with your next set of prompts, which rule do you think will be the easiest to achieve?

I think that rule of thirds and leading lines are the easiest rules to capture.

6. Which rule do you think will be the hardest to capture?

For me, balance is the hardest thing to capture.
7. What rule are you still not totally clear on and what can you do to figure out what that rule is?

Honestly, I'm still not completely clear on balance? But I'll look up some more stuff on it and figure out how to capture it.


http://alexasphotojournalism.blogspot.com
2 positive things: I really like the balance in the first photo and the angles they used for all the photos.
what can be improved: The photographer can work on not cutting off people's elbows or foreheads and avoid mergers.

No comments:

Post a Comment