Friday, December 11, 2015

Warm Up and Portraits/Self Portraits Preview

Warm-Up:
1. As I went through these images I felt sadness, and pain through the subject's faces.
2. I think that the photographer is trying to say that these photos don't show everything from the Merendino's lives, but they do show them in their truest forms.
3. I think that I could shoot photos if I was in this situation, but it would still take a lot of focus and work.
4. If I could write Angelo a letter I would tell him that I'm sorry for what he went through, but I also appreciate how he took pictures at a time like this.

Tips:



  • Experiment with lighting: Another element of randomness that you can introduce to your portraits is the way that you light them. There are almost unlimited possibilities when it comes to using light in portrait. Side-lighting can create mood, backlighting and silhouetting your subject to hide their features can be powerful.
  • Fill the frame: One way to ensure that your subject captures the attention of the viewer of your portrait is to fill the frame with their face. It’s not something that you’d do in every shot that you take – but if your subject is the only feature in the shot – there’s really nowhere else to look.
  • Candid Photography: Photograph your subject at work, with family or doing something that they love. This will put them more at ease and you can end up getting some special shots with them reacting naturally to the situation that they are in. You might even want to grab a longer zoom lens to take you out of their immediate zone and get really paparazzi with them.

Environmental: I really like these pictures because I thought that the lighting and composition was really interesting and showed the subject's personalities and jobs.


Self portraits: I like these photos because although they're simple, they are able to tell a story. Both pictures show each person's interests and artsy-ness.




Casual Portraits: I liked this pictures because I thought they were fun and had interesting ideas.



For my portrait project I want to shoot my brother in the style of an environmental portrait. I want to shoot him with something he's interested in, such as soccer or with something else that he loves. In order to make the shot successful, I'll make sure that my lighting is bright and possibly has unusual colors. and that the perspective I take the picture in is interesting.





No comments:

Post a Comment